We are invited to return to Mass, to be fed by our Lord with His word and His Body. We are once again able to meet as a family, the living Body of Christ, with our brothers and sisters from whom we have been separated. Our church is once again going to be the symbol of a living Christian community. Those are the constants, the things that remain the same. Let us regard the new elements that we must practise as adventures to enjoy and celebrate.
- Those attending Mass must
- Wear a mask or face covering and remain 1 metre+ apart
- Sanitise hands on entering and leaving the Church
- Follow the signs and listen to the stewards
- Remain seated throughout Mass to ensure we can maintain social distancing
- During Mass there will be no
- Altar servers or Children’s liturgy
- Eucharistic ministers or Chalice distribution
- Offertory procession or physical sign of peace
- Congregational singing or congregating outside
- Holy Communion
- Before Holy Communion is distributed, I shall hold up the Host while I am at the altar and announce, “The Body of Christ”. Everyone will reply together, “Amen.”
- Communion will only be given on the hand. Hold your hands as far as you can towards me. Receive in silence.
- The church will be thoroughly cleaned after each Mass.
- All parish meetings remain suspended until further notice.
- The toilets will not be available, except for emergencies.
Finally, there is still no obligation to attend Mass on Sundays, although I encourage you at least to watch Sunday Mass as it is streamed live, if that is possible for you. We shall continue to show our Sunday Mass on Zoom.
Live streaming of the Mass each day is available at:
Here is a prayer, an Act of Spiritual Communion, which you can say as you watch a Livestream Mass:
“My Jesus, I believe that You are present in the Most Holy Sacrament. I love You above all things, and I desire to receive You into my soul. Since I cannot at this moment receive You sacramentally, come into my heart. I embrace You as if You were already there and unite myself wholly to You. Never permit me to be separated from You.”
Please stay at home if…
- You suspect you may be ill with Covid 19 or have been exposed to someone who has tested positive for it
- You have a sick family member at home.
Regular Mass Times
SUNDAYS : 9:00 AM & 6: 00 PM
MONDAYS : 09:15 AM
TUESDAYS : No Mass
WEDNESDAYS : No Mass
THURSDAYS : 7:00 PM Preceded by Exposition with Confessions at 6:00 PM
FRIDAYS : No Mass
SATURDAYS : No Mass
Please follow the Newsletter of the particular week for any changes.
Christmas Mass Times
Christmas Eve: Mass at 6:00 pm
Christmas Day: Mass at 09:00 am
New Year Day Mass Times
New Year’s Eve: Mass at 11:15 pm
New Year’s Day: Mass at 10:00 am
Sacrament of Reconciliation
Thursdays, 6.00-6.45 pm
To get in touch with the Parish Office:
Phone: 01865 776903
Entrance to the Church and Car Park
The small gate on Balfour Road is used to get to the Main Entrance of the Church.
The Car park can be accessed from Balfour Road turning to the road leading to Poulton Place.